This course is for the athlete and trainer interested in learning and incorporating the methods used by Louie Simmons of Westside Barbell. A large focus of the course is on the three major lifts: back squat, deadlift and bench press, although instruction is applicable to all strength training. The course also includes numerous assistance exercises (box squat, bands for lifts, sleds, ropes, etc.). Participants also learn about the Conjugate system: how to vary exercises, volume and loadings to develop top-end strength. All presented methods can be used with CrossFit to help increase one’s overall fitness.
- 10 a.m.-5 p.m. with a 1-hour lunch break
- Arrive at 9:30 a.m. on Day 1 to check in.
Prerequisites None. Language This course is only available in English. To Bring
- Printed version of the registration receipt.
- Government-issued photo ID.
- Seminar Guide (sent with course confirmation emails).
- Notebook with pen/pencil.
- Suitable clothes for working out.
- Snacks, fluids and a lunch – as there may not be time to go off site
Credentials and Requirements To receive a Powerlifting Trainer Certificate, one must:
- Hold a valid and current CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certificate (or a CF-L3); and
- Attend and participate in all parts of the Powerlifting Trainer Course.
If you do not meet these requirements, you are issued a Certificate of Attendance. Certificates Sent electronically 1-2 weeks after course completion to the email address used for registration.